About the role:
The main purpose of this role is to implement techniques based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) during 1:1 therapy sessions with children with autism and related disorders.
- Implement techniques based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) in the center, home, or school settings based on structured and individualized treatment programs designed by a Clinical Supervisor. These include skill acquisition programs and behavior plans, to teach children with autism language, play, social, self-help, and academic skills, while at the same time reducing the occurrence of maladaptive behaviors.
- Collect data and maintain documentation pertaining to each child’s program.
- Provide ongoing guidance within each client’s individual program, ensuring each client’s continued progress towards realizing their maximum potential based on the recommendations provided by Clinical Supervisors.
- Participate in clinic meetings, workshops and training seminars as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology / Education / Physical Therapy.
- Previous experience in ABA and working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder is desirable. However, if you have a passion for working with children and/or are a graduate student looking for hands on experience you are welcome to apply.
- To be considered for this role, you must be passionate about teaching and interacting with children.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Be enthusiastic and have high-energy levels.
- Be able to work independently as well as take and process directions from mentors.